Thursday, October 24, 2024

Skywatch Friday - 24 October 2024 Edition

DSCN2438

This photo is from a campout on Tulsa's Turkey Mountain about ten years ago. They used to do that as a fund raiser. I volunteered that particular year. I spent all day directing traffic in and out of the parking lot, chasing down spears, arrows, and other projectiles in the children's area, stringing up lights in the "enchanted forest walk" and other duties. At night they had music groups and bonfires. Some guys in a drumming circle climbed up to the top of the mountain and drummed. The next morning there was yoga and coffee. It was fun. I never did it again just because of scheduling conflicts with other things I was doing. I think they quit during covid and haven't started up again nor do they plan to do so. There other similar campouts in some of the other Tulsa parks. It's okay, I got rid of all my camping gear. Camping is fun, but not that much fun. Here is my post of the event in case you are interested.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter