Thursday, October 3, 2024

Skywatch Friday - 3 October 2024 Edition

IMG_20141030_182354

Downtown Tulsa from my old office, complete with internal reflection. I took this photo ten years ago and have never used for it anything so here it is. Lots of my photos have imperfections like the reflection but hey I am not a photographer, I'm a picture taker.

I took the photo in 2014. Below is a similar photo taken in 1929. It is a US Navy Dirigible, the USS Los Angeles flying over Tulsa. A popular urban legend in Tulsa is that the buidling to the left was designed to be a dirigible docking station. However there is no evidence to support that. I find it remarkable though that almost all the buildings in the 1929 photo are still standing and being used.



 

(Photo courtesy of The Beryl Ford Collection/Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society.)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter